“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
The parable speaks of 10 virgins; 5 wise and 5 foolish. The point of the parable is that preparation is key.
When we consider our current situation: the uprising in the middle east; the earthquakes; Tsunami’s; Nuclear concerns; and persecutions. We have to recognize that tomorrow is not promised.
In Japan, one study shows that 70% of the people declare they have no religion. Their belief is in self. Only 1% of the population identifies themselves as Evangelical Christians. According to the Bible 99% would be eternally lost.
The challenge today is to make sure, be very sure that you won’t be caught by surprise. There is an urgency. An urgency not just for the world but also for your family and friends.
Your inspirational word today is to remind you that:
- You are too busy not to pray – We have 24/7 access. The Bible says to come boldly before His throne of grace;
- You should spend time with the Lord – Seek His direction. Seek first the Kingdom of God and all things will be added;
- You should know His love – He loves you with an everlasting love;
- You ought to feel His presence – He promises never to leave you nor forsake you;
- You should bask in His peace – He tells us to be anxious for nothing but promises to give us His peace that surpasses all understanding.
- We should always enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Be thankful unto Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good and He is worthy to be praised.